Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sticky Chicken

This was SO SO SO SO GOOD, I had to share....I made it yesterday. Not my recipe although I did change it bit and my changes reflect recipe below....

ROAST "STICKY" CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS

3 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon Lawrys season salt (if you have)

2 teaspoons paprika

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon white pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 large chicken

2 large onions, peeled and quartered

1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted

PREPARATION

1. (Day 1) Blend all spices together and set aside.
2. Remove neck and giblets from chicken cavity, if there and rinse well inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub with spice mixture, both inside and out, then stuff cavity with onions. (use a plastic kitchen glove to avoid messy hands).
4. Wrap chicken in a resealable"food grade" plastic bag (like a roasting bag , thats what i used.)
5. (Day 2) Remove from plastic bag and place in a shallow glass baking pan. Pour melted butter all over including bottom of chicken and some inside cavity too.
6. Roast uncovered in a 250 F oven 5 hours. (This is not an error, 250 F for 5 hours!) If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it.
7. Baste with drippings every 30 minutes after the first hour.
8. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments! To me its like getting a present from a mystery person, ok well some of you are not such a mystery... but u feel me. You can subscribe to my updates via email or in your feeder of choice. Thanks so much for stopping by!