Wednesday, March 3, 2010

5 weeks, 4 days

I am going to calculate my pregnancy time as Dr. K does. I asked him today why he and I were off by 3 days. Like online it tells me I am 6 weeks today, based on my egg retrieval date. He said he counts day 3 of our embryos as 14 days into my cycle, (or something) and we transferred on day 5 so that made it 16 days, being 5 weeks, 4 days today. I have not tried honestly to figure it out, so I will go with his calculations.

So...

I got another IViG infusion today. Dr. K said when I finish to come up and he will do a quick ultrasound.

He didn't do any measurements, take any photos or make a dvd as he was on his way out, but the two sacs babies are larger, the yolk sacs look perfect, not too large which is very good he said, and the fetal poles were present. Then a few seconds later...

We saw the first heartbeat, clear as day!!!

Then he moved the wand a bit and we saw the second heartbeat, not as clear but we saw it pumping as well.

Next Wednesday another small dose round of IViG and an ultrasound.

Wow, this is amazing you guys, just amazing! I can't even describe what it felt like when I saw the heart beating, then the second one. I did feel a sigh of relief honestly, just to see that these babies are actually still here and that they are growing and their little hearts are beating, wow, just wOw!

_____________________________________________

My daily cocktail is: 

- 10mg Prednisolone
- 40mg Clexane
- Prenatal vitamin
- Anti-Oxidant vitamin
- 400mg x 2 Prontogest suppositories
- One low dose aspirin

I have also taken 50ml of IViG via an IV infusion 6 times.

As for symptoms... the constipation has gotten better. I still have that full feeling, no nausea yet, although the past two nights it seems like it wants to come but then I go to sleep and I am ok. I am peeing alot. Also the past two days I felt a bit light headed, not bad, but a different feeling than normal.

Again, wow, just OMG wow!!!



42 comments:

  1. Great news! Two heart beats! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic to see heartbeats already! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing my friend, you know our other cycle-buddy is also expecting twins! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU!
    I KNEW IT!

    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

    DOING BACKFLIPS (okay not really, but I would if I could do a backflip!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! I'm so glad you got to see the heartbeats! How amazing! I'm SO excited, over the moon happy for you!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEARTBEATS! Woo hoo! That is so amazing, keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Twins! I'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, hun! That is SO awesome! Congrats! You'll remember that moment forever, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Here's to two healthy babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Double Yeah!!!! So happy that you saw two heartbeats and your beans are doing well!! It is an amazing sight!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear all is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations....such amazing news!!! So happy for you guys, enjoy this wonderful moment:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!! That is so exciting! I'm so glad for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful and incredible news!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG WOW, is right! I'm so happy for you, my eyes are watering. I guess that's crying, oh tears of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG...I just KNEW it! I am so freaking happy for you! I just got chills reading this. Woohoooo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. And wow on the drugs you have to take every day. YUCK! But so glad it seems to be the "magical" cocktail, so drink up! ;)

    Yay for baby heartbeats!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Wishy, hooray for those two heartbeats! Now I will have some extra twin-related advice for you. I am thrilled for you, times two!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yippee!!!! Heartbeats == plural == are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This makes me so happy. :)

    Take care of yourself, little mama.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This brings me such great JOY!!!!!! Let's look at all the wonderful things! A beautiful yolk sac in each gestational sac..that's wonderful! Yes, I've read that a pretty yolk sac the right size is a great sign...then the FETAL POLEs are visible!!! that's amazing for 5 weeks 4 days. Finally..two HEARTBEATS!!!!!!!!!!! so wonderful. that just blows me away! to see them at such an early stage is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Wishy you deserve every single wonderful thing, and I am so happy that you were able to experience the heartbeats of your two babies! Thank Heaven for your medications and Dr. K! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I said 2010 was your year. here we are. I am so happy for you FINALLY. Remember the twin story? Yup, here we are.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhhhhhhh....bliss. :) I am so very, very excited for you! Two healthy, wonderful babies with good heartbeats and yolk sacs...could it be any sweeter?!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just LOVE this, I am so happy for you!
    Go little beanies, go!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just wonderful.
    That's a big milestone! + FHT x 2!

    Try magnesium supplements for constipation. It's a mineral most people are deficient in, helps with calcium aborbtion, keeps extras water in the bowel, helps you sleep better and makes your skin prettier. No down side.
    Take between 250-800mg daily (best to take vitamins in the morning and minerals--calcium and magnesium, in the evening.
    I look forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woo hoo!! TWINS!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So awesome!!!!!!!!! I'm just thrilled for you. I remember seeing the heartbeat the first time and was so shocked, happy, in awe, etc.. that I was shaking and crying. Just couldn't stop shaking.

    It's amazing what we've been through (my protocol was similar to yours) and to finally see that heartbeat is the most amazing thing.

    Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I still remember the day I saw both heartbeats. Priceless! I am super happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great great news! I really think you should consider changing the title of your blog to: wishing for one, having two!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is just the coolest thing! Congratulations! We were able to choose between IVIg and Intralipid, so our final IVF will hopefully be a successful one with Intralipid.

    Yay for two!

    ReplyDelete
  32. YAY!! Wishy, that is absolutely wonderful news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely awesome!! Congrats and this is super exciting!! :) Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Here from LFCA.
    Congratulations on your two heartbeats!!! We gave birth to b/g twins in August (after almost 10 years of TTC) and they are my greatest joy. You are in for the time of your life. Soak it all in and be good to yourself. Get ALL the sleep you can now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. EEEEEEK! So excited for you! Came here via LFCA but I've followed you sporadically for AGES. This really made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm so happy I could cry and dance naked and jump from the roof..... but I won't. Instead, I'll just say CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh how amazingly wonderful. I am so totally thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments! To me its like getting a present from a mystery person, ok well some of you are not such a mystery... but u feel me. You can subscribe to my updates via email or in your feeder of choice. Thanks so much for stopping by!