We transferred 3 blastocysts yesterday, yeah three. Super S was like "what if we have 3, that would be so cool.." I just smiled, he is too cute. I am hoping for at least one first.
So they were three Grade 1 blastocysts that were transferred. The lab vitrified a total of 6 embryos. Not all blasts, but 3 are. I misunderstood Dr. K when I thought he said all were blastocysts. I have the detailed report now and photos of all of our embryos.
Transfer went well. I held onto my Grandmothers prayer beads during transfer and it felt so right. We watch the whole thing on the screen and I just cried, I do every time thinking this is the one.
After the transfer I laid there while Super S and Dr. K talked about photography and astronomy, LOL. I chimed in every couple minutes and I just laughed to myself. Here I am, legs up, naked half down, but covered and curtain drawn and my husband, doctor and I talking about hobbies and technical aspects of camera lenses, LOLLLL! But you know what it was great, it relaxed me in a strange way and I felt totally comfortable.
Then we went to another part of the clininc, I laid down and took my IViG infusion. Super nice nurse gal was so cute. She asked me if I like Egypt or America better, and if I want a girl or a boy... just small talk, she was cute though.
So my test day is February 20th.
Super S made reservations for us to go to Dahab this Sunday. I am not sure if I should go? Why? Not sure really. I am not on bedrest, I am taking it easy but not always laying down, is this ok? Dr. K said it is, but I read so many of you after transfer are in bed a few days, should I be too?
While I LOVE Dahab and we have not been since last year, and have been itching to go, I am thinking to wait until after the 20th and go then. A few reasons... my daily injections of Clexane they have to be refrigerated and I am not sure if the pharmacies there carry it. I bet they do, but then again not sure. I guess I could call our friend there and have him ask a pharmacy for us? The suppositories and prednisolone I can take with us no problem.
What do you guys think, should we just go? It would be cool to test there and find out we are pregnant at our favorite spot in all the world really.
So I will try to decide in the next day or so be sure to give me your opinions too ok? Super S has to call and change reservation if we decide to go later.
So thats it. I feel good, positive and pray that this time we will be pregnant.
Thank you for all your well wishes and I ask you now to channel positive thoughts, prayers and vibes to Cairo. Much love... xoxoxoxoxo