Friday, July 17, 2009

WARNING: Major cuteness here

Well Florenzo's girlfriend Fiona gave birth to four kittens. The security guard on our street told us about a month or so ago that she was moving them everday. During that time she would come to our house everyday, she used to be scared, but now is like Florenzo, not scared at all, rubs against us, loves being petted and eats like a little piggy!

She has brought three of her four kittens to our house. The fourth one is next door behind a wooden board, we have seen him but she has not brought him to the rest of her kittens, any idea why? She goes to him daily we saw her nursing him, but wonder why he is still separted from the other three?

The three kittens are underneath our wicker couch outside. They have been venturing out, but always go back under, and are waaay too cute! We have held them and Fiona is ok with that. The kittens seem not to be scared, no hissing, just let us pet them a bit and go back under couch. They were playing on Super S's sneaker today.. climbing up it and his pant leg, we laughed so much.

Super S fed Fiona today and the black striped kitten jumped into the bowl and slurped up some fishy water from it!

So a few questions for you cat experts out there....

1. Will she eventually bring the 4th one here?
2. Why is that 4th one seperated? Should we bring it to the rest or leave it, i am thiking leave it right?
3. How old do you think they are? Their eyes are open and they walk but a bit wobbly still.
4. When will they go off on their own, is it 8 weeks?
5. I know it is better to find them a good home, rather than them venturing out into the street, when can I do that? (unless i keep some, we'll see)

Now for the cuteness...

21 comments:

  1. Based on my recent kitten experiences (yay! so glad we adopted them all out!) I'd say they are no more than four weeks old. I don't know what is up with the fourth one being separated, that's weird. I wonder if it sick or something?
    When they are five or so weeks, you can start offering them food. We took dry cat food we used for the mother and soaked it in water for twenty minutes before offering it to them.
    They should be weaned by the time they are about eight weeks old (the mother will do that) and you could take the mother to be spayed if you want. And you can start adopting them out!
    I found this really useful:
    http://cats.about.com/cs/kittencare/a/tracksixweek.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 4th one could be sick and she might have separated them to keep the others healthy. The calico kitten is a female btw...they always are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Yeah i'd say 4 weeks as well. Give them another 8 weeks before adopting them out by then they will be on solid food. Also they need their shots and that would be about the time. Enjoy them while they're so little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the cuteness is too much. I wonder how I can get one from there to here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with the other's who said they're about 4 weeks. I'm pretty sure they open their eyes at 3 weeks. As for the one she hasn't brought, he might either be sick or he's a runt. And needs a little extra care.

    They are SO SO SO cute!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is too much cuteness!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such interesting markings!!

    I have no insights into kittens since I adopted my only cat as an adult.

    It's a good thing you have hard floors -- I foresee many messes in your immediate future. Other than that, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, fax me those kitties! STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Kittens eyes' open at approx. 9 days old give or take a day or so.
    *Have no idea why she's keeping the 4th one separated from the litter but at least she's apparently taking care of him, too.
    *Tri-colored are always female (but not all females are tri-colored).
    *I agree probably they're about 4 weeks old. The mother will take care of the weaning but they will soon be able to begin drinking milk. They will stick their whole nose into it at first and then spit and sputter but will learn. They're so cute.
    *Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you end up keeping one! They are too stinking adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea- but I think they are so freaking cute. Here from ICLW..um, early.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute!! It reminds me of a set of kittens belonging to a family friend -- one definitely was the "runt" - he wasn't being fed and didn't really fit in with the others. One of the people caring for the kittens took it upon herself to feed the little odd one out with a bottle - so sweet!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are sooooo cute! Just wanna hug them. :)

    Tammy
    www.twondra.blogspot.com

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww! sweet kitties!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so sweet. I love the kitten stages! No idea about keeping them separated - I hope she brings the 4th one in soon. Socializing them is excellent if they are to be adopted out.

    ICLW#53

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! They are too cute. I have no advice to offer about rearing kittens, but you totally made my day with the cute pics!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooohh, I miss having felines in the house! I can haz kitteh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know much about kittens, but they are cute. Thank you for the cute pics!

    Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
    No. 95: The Unfair Struggle (male-factor infertility, good friends, neighborhood rumblings)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too much cute!

    I am really curious to see if you end up keeping any! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes...MAJOR CUTENESS! And, listen to Kristin - she knows everything about kitties!!

    I hope that little one gets better.

    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am even envious of the cat's babies. Very very cute. Hopefully, we'll all have our little kittens soon (although it's too early for me to ttc).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments! To me its like getting a present from a mystery person, ok well some of you are not such a mystery... but u feel me. You can subscribe to my updates via email or in your feeder of choice. Thanks so much for stopping by!