Sunday, June 14, 2009

Come on Blogger i don't want to abort!

Maybe some of you have been experiencing this annoying error message "Operation Aborted" when trying to view a blogger blog from internet explorer.

I have many, many times now and I am lucky to be able to get in to post this. It seems i can post but when i go to VIEW BLOG or VIEW COMMENTS i get this annoying error. The issue seems to be stemming from the Followers widget, sweet. They say to remove completely or move to it lower in the sidebar, neither of which I have done yet.

This is not only happening on my blog, rather on some of yours too.

The blogger known issues blog lists this information:

Some users are seeing an 'Operation Aborted' error message when trying to load their blogs from Internet Explorer. We're looking into this and will update this message when we have a fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Update (May 26): We are still working on resolving this bug. This only affects viewers using IE to view the blog; for right now, blog owners can either move the Followers gadget lower in their sidebar, or remove it altogether. Either action will eliminate the pop-up dialog box in IE.

So, i am hoping they will resolve this, but for now should i do what they say and try moving the FOLLOWERS widget down some? I do not want to remove completely, what should I do?

Have you experienced this as well? I know Lisa has...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't experienced it, but I use Firefox. I've never had a problem *knocks on wood* with Firefox and blogger. I LOVE Firefox. No ads, all I see are beautiful words and beauitful pots by my beautiful bloggy friends. I hope it gets resolved soon, and you don't pull out your hair ;o)
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy to know what's doing this. I have been trying to comment on your blog for days now. To let you know that I have been praying for you this cycle!! :) I've also been getting it when viewing other blogs.

    Thanks for letting me know how to fix it.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments! To me its like getting a present from a mystery person, ok well some of you are not such a mystery... but u feel me. You can subscribe to my updates via email or in your feeder of choice. Thanks so much for stopping by!