Monday, February 2, 2009

" X " Marks the Baby-less

Hey thank you all for your well wishes during my recovery. I am healed up just fine and back to my normal baby-less self.

So yesterday DH and i were outside, we were standing at our front gate and on the pillar is this cute little square, yellow sticker with a hand written "x" on it.

"Em, thats strange..." I say to DH.

He so calmly tells me that this signifies there are no kids here.

WTF????

So what i understand from what DH tells me, the security guards went around to all the houses in our group here (remember think small subdivision) and told parents about vacinations.

After DH told me about this cute little sticker, I said "Oh this is SO getting blogged..."

DH cautioned that this sticker could mean they "checked" us and put it there as so not to check again.

THERE ARE NO OTHER YELLOW STICKERS ON ANY HOUSES YET THAT I HAVE SEEN.

So not only am I stickered, so far, we are the only baby-less house on the block!

I will take another walk (last walk at night) but in daylight to check out the rest of the pillars on my street.

If I find any yellow stickers, I just may ring the bell and introduce myself.

Isn't this WAAAY TOO WEIRD?

If I wasn't in Egypt it would be bizarre, but actually, believe it or not, this is acceptable to me- here. LOL!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that's odd and unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that is weird! I would be a little miffed. They could have at least used a different symbol, like maybe a happy face or a circle. Something less mean as an "x". Shee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo bloggable, that would have been my exact reaction too.

    Reminds me of two things: since you're in Egypt, the blood on the doors in the Passover story. And, something that has nothing to do with Egypt: the hobo symbols from the Great Depression telling the next hobo which families give free food, try to shoot you, have vicious dogs, etc.

    On the bright side, maybe it will keep the diaper services and formula salesmen away. (Are there door-to-door formula salesmen? I wouldn't know!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is strange!! Let us know if you ever do see any more of these in your 'hood.

    Glad to hear you are healing after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How odd! Hmmm....

    Anyway, glad to hear you're feeling better!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Odd! But at least they are using my favorite color. That ought to count for something, methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I understand. But lately everything has taken me a few to get.

    I'm glad your doing good. I think about you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great attitude about the yellow x's. Good blogging material. I think it would have sent me in to a tizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...talk about 'run along now - nothing to see here' obvious!

    great post. wish you guys didnt have the freaking yellow sticker...but sounds like a good idea to meet a fellow person/couple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's just barely better than a scarlet A.

    I lived in this part of the world, and I STILL don't get it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments! To me its like getting a present from a mystery person, ok well some of you are not such a mystery... but u feel me. You can subscribe to my updates via email or in your feeder of choice. Thanks so much for stopping by!