Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time for a recipe or two

It's been a long time since I posted a recipe and since my life is so exciting now, gee, what a perfect time to post recipes. I may just torture you all and post recipes every Friday, what do you think? We'll see.

But before I do, I wanted to tell you some exciting news....I'm pregnant! Just kidding, i so wish I was though.

The REAL exciting news is Kymberli over at I'm A Smart One has a really good cook for a husband! He will start Frank's Friday Fixin's on her blog. So each Friday he will post some of his yummy creations, be sure to check them out.

*********************************************************************

Okay now for a few of my summer recipes....

Cilantro Cream Sauce (Tastes Like Guacamole)

This sauce is AMAZING! Not only is great as a sauce over chicken or enchiladas, its great as a dip for chips too! Amazingly to me it tastes like guacamole even though there is no avocado. I put some serving suggestions at end of recipe that i think would be great too. You have to try it and know that served hot or cold it will be a great hit. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (1 big bunch -remove the leaves from stems)
1/2 teaspoon lime peel (zest grated from one small lime would do)
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced (more if u like)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt & pepper to taste

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in blender and blend unitl smooth.
2. Add more salt & pepper to season to your liking.
3. If you let sit in refrigerator it will firm up a bit.
4. If you will serve warm, stir in a spoon of fresh cream & just pop in microwave for a few seconds before serving.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS:

- Spoon a bit under skin of chicken breast and add some cheese before baking. Then drizzle baked chicken with more of this sauce.
- Drizzle over any style enchiladas.
- Serve as dip next to salsa for chips.
- Leftover sauce makes an amazing salad dressing; add some fresh cracked pepper to top of salad, tastes like a mexican salad.
- Add to your 7 layered bean dip.
- Mix in some cheese, green onions and salsa for a zesty dip.

*******************************************************************

Summertime Melon Smoothie

This is amazing! I made it the other night and wow it was a HIT! I didnt measure anything, so I hope my approximate measurements work for you. You can't really mess this one up though, it'll come out great! Add or descrease yougurt and/or milk depending on creamy you want it. Enjoy with guests outside on a warm summer night. Would also be great for a BBQ!!!

Ingredients

2 small honeydew melon (seeded and chopped)
1 cup yogurt
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons sugar
ice cubes (bunch of them)
Optional: few scoops of vanilla ice cream or even melon sorbet ( i didn't use but bet would be even better if you do)

Directions

1. Put all ingredients into blender mix.
2. Blend less time for thicker fruitier smoothie.
3. Blend longer and faster for a smoother smoothie.
4. (You may add some cold water if too thick, and give it a blend).
5. Garnish glass by slicing half way through a chunk or thick slice of melon, and stick on glass rim.

4 comments:

  1. oooooh, the smoothie sounds amazing...I make myslef a green smoothie every other day (fresh spinach and whatever mixture of fresh fruit I have around the house that day) I use honeydew a lot but Im gonna try yours tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I'm hungry.

    Thanks for these. I got a recipe organizer cd for Xmas that I'm planning to pass time finally using during the 2ww. Your recipes will come in handy. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that all sounds so good. Great, everything makes me fat - now, blogging too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments! To me its like getting a present from a mystery person, ok well some of you are not such a mystery... but u feel me. You can subscribe to my updates via email or in your feeder of choice. Thanks so much for stopping by!