Saturday, May 6, 2006

DAY 1

Finally after 10 years of marriage, one tubal pregnancy in January, we officially started the IVF process today! So i MUST tell you we are VERY EXCITED!!!

Took my first, of many more to come, injections today. Did I give it to myself, you know I didn't! The doctor gave it to me, but from here on, I will go daily to our pharmacy here, for 1 LE, a doctor will administer the injection. S. could NEVER do it, he is worse than me! He said he would, no problem, but I am going to spare him this....poor guy.

So here's the drill.....

- I will take injections (two daily) for awhile now.

- Day 7, I will have an ultrasound to check if my ovaries are being stimulated enough and the doctor will adjust the medicine accordingly.

- Day 15, he will extract eggs, mix with S.'s sperm.

- 36 hours later they will implant fertilized embryos in my uterus.

- Day 30, 15 days after implantation, we and you all, will pray a period does not come.

Will try to post daily, I hope you will enjoy sharing this experience with us. You know how babdly we would love to a child, God Willing we will soon.



5 comments:

  1. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! YEAH!!!
    THIS WILL WORK....

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW I GET IT...THE I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! COMMENT WAS FROM JH IN AZ!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks a million! we are so excited and you know how much we want this to happen....you once told us that we'd be great parents, I sure hope you are right! Lots of love to you Ms. J.H.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inshallah! Just reading what you told all of us..I could feel your
    excitement! So, lets continue to pray for exclamation marks and NO
    PERIOD, PERIOD! and more ovaltine pleaz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No more ovaltine this time, insha Allah! The ovaltine is a long story guys...I have never actually tried really! It's an inside joke...anyway thanks Nad!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments! To me its like getting a present from a mystery person, ok well some of you are not such a mystery... but u feel me. You can subscribe to my updates via email or in your feeder of choice. Thanks so much for stopping by!